PA Cowboy Weekend
THANK YOU to everyone who participated in our very first Pennsylvania Cowboy Weekend! We sincerely appreciate our entertainers, vendors, staff, volunteers, and especially our patrons.
SAVE THE DATES! Pennsylvania Cowboy Weekend is happening again Saturday, October 12 & Sunday, October 13, 2019!
This celebration of cowboy culture immerses visitors in the most unique movement of the 1800s. The Wild West movies from the 1950s to today romanticize the life of the cowboy (and cowgirl) and make us all want to be participants in the cowboy life.
Cowboys were referred to as “the most reckless class of outlaws in the wild country.” Our locomotive, the No.17, is exactly like those that ran at the time of expansion west and it creates a unique stage for cowboy robberies and learning about the cowboy lifestyles.
This family-friendly event includes:
• An interactive cowboy carnival in the heart of New Freedom
• Live train robberies aboard the No. 17
• Authentic cowboy camp at Summit Grove
• Performances by musicians, magicians, buskers, and brawlers
• Cowboy shootouts with the good guys and the bad guys
• A Sunday morning service for those who worship
• Cowboy story-telling around the campfire
• Cowboy-centric entertainment for children
• Onsite cowboy camping for interested attendees
• Interactive elements for volunteer guests
Take the tracks back in time for this mid-October western weekend with the cowboys of the classics. Join us for Pennsylvania Cowboy Weekend at Steam Into History on October 12-13!